What is Jersey LiveWell?
Jersey LiveWell is a health management company which utilizes a preventative approach to care for individuals, communities and those in the workplace. By using this pro-active approach, our mission is to reduce disease burden as well as escalating healthcare costs.
- Educational Seminars
- LiveWell Exam
- Lifestyle Consulting
Unfortunately we have a “sick care” system not a true “health” care system.
- Unhealthy eating + physical inactivity are leading causes of death in the U.S.
- 50% of American adults live with a chronic disease
- 80% of American adults do not meet the government’s national physical activity recommendations for aerobic and muscle strengthening.
- Unhealthy diet contributes to approximately 678,000 deaths each year in the U.S
- 30 million have Diabetes 23 million diagnosed 7 million undiagnosed
- 1/2 adults have a musculoskeletal condition annually 126 million Americans
- 38% received opiod treatment in 2015
- 1/3 of U.S. adults live with at least one of five chronic conditions.high blood pressure, lung conditions, heart conditions, diabetes, and cancer
Focus on prevention. Focus on not only treating people when they are sick but before medical issues arise and intervention is necessary . Educate, empower, motivate patients and companies to be leaders of their own health.
“Physical Activity is the Closest Thing We Have to a Wonder Drug”
- 80% of heart attacks are preventable through lifestyle change
- Lifestyle change has similar effect on cholesterol than statin medications without the side effects
- 7/10 deaths due to chronic disease are largely preventable through lifestyle changes
- 1/10 premature deaths are preventable through getting enough physical activity